Office Phone: 636-797-2345
Alt Office Phone: 636-789-2345
Discounts offered to:
Police, Firefighters, EMS workers
Church, Religious, &
P.O. Box 24
Mapaville, Missouri 63065
Q. What Is A Septic System?
Q: Why Is it necessary to get my tank pumped on a regular basis?
A. -"The Voice" 1995
The sludge (inorganic matter) that accumulates in the bottom of the tank must be pumped out periodically. There is no additive that can be introduced into the septic tank to rid the tank of inorganic sludge that settles to the bottom of the tank. It must be pumped out! If not pumped out, it will eventually overflow into the absorption area, causing it to fail.
Since solids will continue to build up at the bottom of the tank, it is imperative that the septic tank be pumped out periodically. Remember, sludge is not biodegradable and if it is not pumped out, it will accumulate until it overflows.
The recommended maintance time for an average septic system is 3-4 years. (This frequency may alter based on number of people in the household as well as how closely the below suggestions are followed.)
Q. Why Is Pro-Pump More Beneficial For My System Than RidX?
Q: What are some things I can do to help keep my septic system in proper working condition?
- Using less bleach and more natural cleaners can improve the bacteria in your tank. The more bacteria in your tank the less crust and organic material that builds up. There are a list of natural cleaners you can make at home on our website. (coming soon) You can also visit our pintrest page were there are many other fun ideas related to septics.
- Making your own soaps is a new trend that can save lots of money. Make sure you choose recipes that create a liquid soap or detergent versus the powdered type. The powdered type of soaps can build up in your lines or tank and cause backups.
- Reducing the use of your garbage disposal to only what may accidentally accumulate in the bottom of your sink can decrease the amount of food particles and debris which can add to the amount of material the bacteria has to break down. This can result in a heavy scum/crust layer.
- Refraining from putting any grease down drains can not only reduce the scum/crust build up in tank it can reduce the potential for clogged lines which lead to nasty backups.
- Placing the "flushable" wipes in the garbage instead of the toilet can keep scum/crust layers to a minimum and can prevent motors and pumps from failing due to clogged parts.
- Do Not flush feminine napkins or tampons down toilet.
What is the best toilet paper to use in my house hold?
What Laundry Detergents are Best for my Septic System?
- Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent
- Charlie’s Soap Laundry Detergent
- Earth Friendly Laundry Products
- Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds
- Amway S-A-8
- Country Save Laundry Products
- Fresh Start
- Biokleen Laundry Powder
- Ecover Laundry Products
- Planet Laundry Products
- Mrs. Meyers Laundry Detergent
- Mountain Green Ultra Laundry Liquid
- Seventh Generation Laundry Products
- Ultra Citra-Suds Natural Laundry Detergent